I try to keep a tin of healthy goodies throughout the week, my husband loves it...
One of my secrets of staying healthy is to replace something I crave with a healthy version of it. Yes, it tastes delicious without refined sugars, flavourings etc. I found this recipe at elanaspantry.com and love it!
Paleo is known as the 'grain-free diet', and the reason for this is that grains contain certain anti-nutrients which prevent their absorption in the gut, and can therefore be harmful to us. I find that many paleo recipes are healthy and nutritious.
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes
Serves: 8 cupcakes
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- Pulse together dry ingredients in a food processor
- Pulse in wet ingredients
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and scoop ¼ cup batter into each
- Bake at 175°C for 15-18 minutes
Paleo Chocolate Frosting
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil
- Stir in vanilla extract
- Place frosting in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to thicken
- Frost over Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes and serve.