These delicious pancakes are made without refined sugar, using banana for natural sweetness. They are also gluten free, and can be made free from egg and milk using these suggested ingredient swaps!
We love having these Saturday mornings as a treat and has become our tradition! Enjoy making them whilst listening to Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes".
5 min prep time
- 250g Gluten Free Plain White Flower
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk (or almond/coconut milk)
- 2 bananas
- coconut oil
- Organic agave, maple syrup or raw honey
- Put the flour and baking powder into a large bowl or jug and stir to combine.
- Beat in the egg (or chickpea flour + water) and milk to make a smooth batter.
- Chop the banana into 6mm/¼” cubes and stir it into the batter.
- Put a little oil into a frying pan, roll it around and heat until nice and hot.
- Pour batter into the pan to make 8cm/3” circles and cook on medium heat.
- When bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Repeat until the batter is used.
- Serve warm with syrup of your choice.